Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

It’s the week of Thanksgiving and boy have I been excited for this week for a while now but for what?! We had a feast at work yesterday and I ate until I wanted to throw up, I had the left over’s today for lunch and then now I have to do it two more times on Thursday. So much for finding out I just lost another 5 pounds in this long 9 month journey I have been on! I do love this time of year though, cooler weather, good hair and Christmas decoration everywhere with music chiming in my ear. It brings a time of excitement and yet relief when it is all over.

Last year Thanksgiving morning the kids and I went to feed the homeless. We are not doing that this year and a part of me feels guilty although we have started to feed one of the homeless guys that live near us. Every time we have left over food from a restaurant we drive by and give it to him. The kids even made a Halloween treat bag for him and we took it to him with some Gatorade as well. Anyway I felt guilty for not going to feed the homeless but I signed up for the Turkey Trot 10K and it was a goal that I wanted to accomplish and for that I should not feel guilty. I am totally excited to participate is such a great event and running 6 miles on Thanksgiving, I should definitely be able to eat whatever the heck I want to right?!

I can’t believe that in 5 short weeks it will be 2010. I have started to think about my New Year’s resolution. I do have to say, one of my 2009 resolutions was to lose weight and boy did I ever, 28 pounds to be exact and I am still not done yet. I am sure another one was to pay off all my debt, that didn’t quit happen this year but that is my big goal for 2010, pay everything off to the best that I can and live by a cash basis only. Have you made a New Year’s resolution yet?

The kids are so excited that today is their Friday. They love summer breaks (Jonathan calls the weekend’s summer...weird I know and I correct him every time, something’s are just hopeless with him)! Jonathan is supposed to go on his first big hunting trip. Carlos and Jonathan plan to leave on Thanksgiving Day and return Sunday. This is the only thing Jonathan has been talking about for weeks now. While they are away, we girls are celebrating Kaela’s 13th birthday a month early. Being born on Christmas day has its disadvantages; she gets 2 for 1’s most of the time. She is inviting some friends to spend the night; we are going out to dinner, hitting up the mall and watching New Moon. She is very excited and can’t wait to open her birthday gifts from her dad and I.

Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful, joyous and full!
(hopefully I will have lots of pictures soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment