Another conversation with Jonathan. I don’t know what it is about him and his thoughts but this one is pretty cute…
I will set the scene: When he uses the restroom he takes quite a bit of time, I guess time to ponder on his thoughts and wants and/or needs in life…
He washes his hands and comes to my room.
Jonathan: When can mommy stop chewing that medicine so she can have a baby brother for me? I want to play baseball with a brother.
Dad: WHAT!
Mom: WHAT! Oh Jonathan mommy isn’t having any more babies and plus there are no guarantees it would be a boy. What if it was a girl? Would you want another sister? We don’t get to pick what we want; it’s out of our hands.
Jonathan: NO, I want a brother and I want to name him Hunter.
Mom: And the age difference would be so different, he wouldn’t even be able to play baseball with you until you were much older and you probably wouldn’t even think it was cool then. How about we just make your nickname Hunter?
Dad: Yeah that sounds better…Hunter go get in your bed now, it’s getting late.
Jonathan: (starts to walk out of the room) I will take these (my medicine) and go hide them.
Mom: NO – you better leave my stuff alone!
Jonathan: (giggles to bed)
Kids say the darndest things!
Today is day 11 of the shed although we ate Olive Garden yesterday...breadsticks! I start level 2 today, I am scared. Level 1 still isn’t easy for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment