OMG we had a busy weekend!
Friday night we did NOTHING. The kids rode their bikes until it got dark and then we grabbed Subway for dinner and we all just relaxed at home because I knew Saturday and Sunday would be nonstop.
Saturday morning my alarm clock went off at 6:30am! Not. A. Good. Feeling. Jonathan had an early morning baseball game which would not have been a bad thing if it weren’t 45 degrees outside and the wind blowing 20 mph! It was the longest 2 hours outside of our lives! EVERYONE was freezing, one of the little girls in the stands was crying because she was so cold, oh wait that was my daughter! My mom finally took Bry to the car for a while to warm up a bit, she came back a little happier. The kids got through their game, they lost but WHO CARED, all the parents were so glad it was time to go! Immediately following the game we had to volunteer at the Baseball Opening Day event. The sun was out and there was a little less wind but I was still so cold. The time went by and I was glad when it was time for us to go! I needed to thaw out for a while. We got to rest for a bit before we had to start getting ready for the Quinceanera we were attending that evening. The party was fun – LOTS of family. The kids had a great time. They got too play with cousins they don’t get to see very often and were on the dance floor a lot! My kids LOVE to dance, I wonder where they got that from?? We got home around midnight, had late night taco bell and fell fast asleep from our long day.
Sunday we slept in until about 10. I got up and totally forgot I had not done one ounce of laundry or cleaned the bathroom. Kaela and I began laundry and helped each other clean the bathroom. After we got dressed we headed for brunch at IHOP. I am a snob for IHOP pancakes, don’t like any others. The girls and I had a baby shower to go to so we headed off to that while Carlos and Jonathan practiced ball. As soon as we got home from the shower it was time to get ready for Jonathan’s second game of the weekend. It was SO pretty outside! The game was fantastic, they lost but gosh they played great and that is because we were missing 3 players. Jonathan got the game ball. He got 3 runs; hit all 3 times, caught a fly ball for an out, made another out at second base and was a real team leader! GO Jonathan and the Tigers! We have 8 more games; hopefully we can win at least one! From Jonathan’s game we went immediately over to Carlos’ games, he too plays ball! Needless to say we got home around 10pm, ate fast food quickly, bathed the kids and crashed!
I have pictures from the party Saturday night but I haven’t uploaded them yet. I will post them tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment