I remember lying in bed last October with Carlos. He was annoyed and I was exhausted. I being the good wife asked him what was wrong even though I really just wanted to roll over and crash. He said he wanted his own piece of property. He was tired of hunting on other people’s property that a) didn’t have deer or b) wanted to charge him. I completely understood. He then said he wanted property before he turned 33. I laughed, that was a mere 6 months away and not possible. I told him to hang in for another year so we could save and find the right piece of property but I promised him we would get something, just not now. Little did I know 3 months after that conversation he would get a call from his uncle. His uncle’s realtor had contacted him to tell him about a great piece of property that would go quickly. He encouraged Carlos to come out that weekend and look at. I too encouraged Carlos to go look at it…hoping he would hate it! It was too soon to look for property I thought. So that weekend he and his two uncles headed out west to check out the 100 acres. He called me that Saturday and asked if he could put earnest money down, he loved it – of course he loved it, 100 acres, water, electricity, a cottage (I call it a shack). It was everything he had been wanting and for the right price. I agreed thinking there was no way we would get approved and come up with money for a down payment. Well 2 months later we did get approved and we did come up with the down payment…
We are officially owners of 100.1 acres in Val Verde County, Texas!
Owning property has been Carlos’ dream for a long time. I am very happy for him and our family. The kids are ecstatic – they are just like him – love to run the open outdoors!
When we were telling the kids about it a couple weeks ago Carlos told Jonathan if we get the property he is going to run nude when he gets there. So last night when we told the kids it was ours Jonathan runs up to Carlos and says, “So dad now we can go run…you know…” We all laughed and he got embarrassed!
No comments:
Post a Comment