New Year’s Day Carlos left early for his hunting trip. I had just rolled over to take my second nap of the morning when the phone rang, it was my brother n law inviting us to lunch with all the family, and he said hurry! I quickly jumped in the shower and we were quickly running out the door. It ended up being a 3 hour lunch, talking, laughing, and remembering old and talking about new times. It was fun. After that we all decided to go bowling so we spent the rest of the evening at the bowling alley. There are always good times when you are bowling!
It’s very weird to me that it’s the beginning of a new year. We get to start a fresh new year with fresh new memories. My kids are all a year older. Hell I will be 30 this year…30! Does that make me old? I don’t feel old yet. 30 is the new 20 right?! New plans, new trips, new stories to be told down the road…it’s gonna be fun!
I have not officially made a New Year’s Resolution. I have to lose weight by May. I have my annual checkup and boy will my doctor be mad at me if I weigh more than last year. She was already on the verge of yelling at me then! So for now that will be one of my resolutions…losing weight like most Americans! I feel like I need another one though, something that will make me a better person in 2009. I am still thinking on what it should be.
***
The kids found a pile of old photos the other day while my mom was cleaning out a cabinet. Kaela was about 2 or so in the photos and there were some pretty old photos of Jagi and me too. They got the great idea to pull down their own photo books I have put together over the year. It’s funny how kids can have so much fun looking at themselves as babies. Jonathan does even look like Jonathan. Bryanna looks just the same and Kaela looks a little different but still recognizable. They giggled and screamed and shared all those memories over again with each other. It was sweet to watch.
***
Christmas was good this year. It always comes way to fast and its over in a blink of an eye. I spent 3 + months shopping and it never lasts long enough. The kids didn’t complain once about anything they got – it was great!
Carlos got lots of camo gear so he was more than happy! He went totally overboard for me, I was EXTREMELY happy! Here is a few photos of the day…
Christmas Eve with the Flores family. Carlos playing Santa, the kids patiently waiting for their gifts.
Christmas morning, Jonathan opening up his telescope from Jagi and Grandpa.
Christmas morning, Kaela opening up her DS from Santa.
Christmas morning, Can you see the smirk on her face? All she wanted was a DS...its what she opening now! She was over the top with it!
Carlos got Rockets gear and Camo gear!
Lennon trying to open her box so she can play!
She loves babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment