Amazing, simply amazing. We have been Olympic freaks which I never thought we would but when we start watching and can’t stop. Did anyone watch on Saturday night? It was great! The Romania women who won the 26.2 mile run is probably the most amazing lady I have seen. She not only won but the race turned into a one-woman race, the others were far behind. She crossed the finish line and continued to run; I never saw her stop. I am sure that had to do with her legs and the distance she ran but all the others stopped to catch their breath, not her though. She grabbed her countries flag and continued. Kudos to her; she is an inspiration to all.
Then Phelps – 8 gold medals my god he is fantastic! His race was intense on Saturday night especially since he had to depend on others to win that can be so iffy – but they all pulled together and won…for him! I was so thankful that he thanked his team mates afterward because it sure was a team effort! Kudos to him as well, what a great achievement.
Bryanna asked me this weekend how old she has to be to be in the Olympics, she wants to be a diver! I told her I wasn’t too sure but I would look into it for her. There was a diver from right outside of Katy or Houston so maybe there is a coach close to us??? We shall see!
***
School is fast approaching; the kids have 7 days left of summer. We are ready though. We finished our school clothes shopping this weekend. I just need to get a few more supplies from the list and we are set. The girls have their first day outfits picked out, Jonathan could care less!
I really thought Kaela would be nervous but she is very excited, it’s a new journey for her, new place, new teachers, new memories and hopefully some nice new friends. Bryanna and Jonathan claim they aren’t ready to start back but I think they are excited. I am ready for them to go back; we need to get back on a schedule! Thursday Kaela has a "Bear Walk" which she gets to spend about 3 hours up at the school, learning the place and then Thursday evening the kids have their open house where they get to meet their new teacher...hopefully we get good ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment