
Although I am not a huge fan of the Olympics I will however watch the gymnastics part of it. I always remember as a little girl how much I wanted to be there and wanted to do all those flips. I did take gymnastics as a kid but was NEVER close to doing anything cool, the bridge was the coolest thing I could do! Oddly enough I remember when Mary Lou Retton was in the Olympics, its crazy those who stick out in your mind from so many years ago. Jonathan is very excited to watch the swimming part. After swim team ended the preliminaries started for the Olympics and he thought it was really cool how fast and good they were, maybe one day he can be there too?! Poor child we have such high athletic expectations for him.
This week we had a storm come through. Of course all the news media had Houston thinking it would be another Rita or Katrina but hardly. It never turned in to a hurricane it was merely a bad rain storm. I unlike many other in Houston had to come into work; I braved the storm thanks to my boss! Anyhow someone sent me the first pictures of the damage so I wanted to share it with you…

Yes people in Galveston actually evacuated due to Tropical Storm Edouard - like I mentioned, it was just a rain storm. Someone lost their beer though.
No comments:
Post a Comment