Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm Back

Holy moly…it’s been 17 days since I have posted! I have wanted to post but we have been busy and I sliced my finger and it’s been hard to type but I am healed and ready!

Last week swim team officially started. My lord the kids were exhausted all week. If Jonathan wasn’t asleep by 7 then Bry and/or Kaela was. It was very nice and quiet at our house in the evenings. They are loving it though. At first Jonathan said he didn’t want to do it but it took only 1 practice for him to change his mind. This is Kaela’s first year so she really had no idea what to expect, she had no idea how many laps the coach was going to make them do and frankly I didn’t either. Obviously last year when Bry and Jonathan were on it they didn’t have to do nearly as much as the older kids did. Bryanna is now in the middle age group so they get to do all of the strokes. She has never had a soar muscle before until now. ALL day Saturday she cried because her stomach hurt and she just didn’t know why. MUSCLES baby I had to explain to her…she is working on a 6 pack for her cute 2 piece bathing suit! They have their first meet on June 2.

Our Memorial weekend was GREAT! We had no plans what so ever and I think that made it so wonderful. We lounged, ran errands, hung out at the pool and got invited to a fish and shrimp fry. The weather was great, hot but great and the kids were ready for school on Tuesday.

Speaking of school, this is their last week. Kaela graduated on Tuesday evening and then on Wednesday they had their 5th grade event. It was at the University of Houston Rec Center. It was VERY neat and exciting for them; a fun full day of swimming, slides, volleyball, dancing and basketball. It was a great treat for them. As many of you know this is mom’s last year teaching. She has decided to “retire” although dad calls is quitting! She is going to stay home next year with Oliver and Lennon. Thursday the entire school and others had a huge surprise farewell party for mom. Jaime and I were also there to join in on the festivities! Mom was sure surprised and her speech was great! She started it off by remembering 30+ years ago when she walked Steve into school holding hands but she said Steve was actually holding her hands, she didn’t want to let go! Spoke of dad, us and how much Valley Oaks has meant to her over all these years and how she has never left and hoped she hadn’t over stayed her welcome. Ended it off by saying she will have a hard time giving up her key tomorrow. It’s been an excellent run for mom and she still isn’t completely done…Jonathan and Bry will still be there for at least 5 years! I have no doubt they will volunteer her for some art activity!

Next post hopefully I will have some pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment