Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 Goals

I will not make a new year’s resolution this year. I have nothing to resolve however I will make goals for myself. Lots of them may I add.

This year was a huge year for me I thought. I turned 30 and I wasn’t one of those ladies who was dreading it, in fact I think I tried to embrace it some. I wanted more for myself, I wanted to be happy and I wanted my family to be happy as well. In February I decided to lose weight, if you follow this blog you know this. I went to the doctor and told her I wanted to be the size I was when I was 18. So we ventured back in my files to 1997, the year I graduated and I was 140. That was the goal I set out to be again. I wanted to be a cute, happy healthy looking mother and wife. Five nights a week I would do the Biggest Loser videos working my way to being 140 pounds. They worked great; it was coming off, slowly but surely. I also stopped drinking sodas and tried to eat less…it was hard work! Then in September a neighbor of mine asked me to join a running group with her. I was very reluctant to do it. I hated running and just couldn’t do it but I signed up anyway. I was tired of the work out videos and needed a change of pace. I ended up loving the running group and for me it was even more motivating, setting goals for myself and making sure I went through with the goals, 3 miles, 5 miles and so on. I am now at 10.5 miles and of course the next big mileage will be 13 for a half marathon.

Goal setting has been big for me since February so I feel that setting goals for me in 2010 instead of resolutions will be better fit. I have made every goal in running I have set so far so I have no doubt that setting goals for next year and seeing through with them will be a problem.

My goals for 2010: (random order)
Run a ½ marathon
Take a photo shop class
Take a photography class or two
Get down to 135 and maintain it (I decided to go 5 pounds under 140)
Train for a triathlon
“Compete” in a triathlon (I am not much of a competitor, I just want to finish the race)
Pay off credit cards, one at a time and cut them up!
Cook more often (I am sure my mother and husband will laugh at this one)
Read more books
Start a photography website

I am sure as the time passes I will think of more but for now this is what I will start with for 2010.

Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment