we are a crazy, tv watching, bike riding, park playing, sports loving, easy going, busy being, flip flop wearing, always eating, shopping, movie watching, hunting, camping, talking, reading, photograph taking, vacationing family.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I am a PIMster!
At the beginning of this journey I could barely get through the first mile of running. I turned and looked at my friends thinking, boy was this is a bad idea. Now 10 weeks later I am at 5 miles and I plan to up it every weekend until I can get to a ½ marathon level! Power in Motion (PIM) has been one of the best things I have done for myself. Not only did I learn how to become a runner I actually enjoy doing it. The coaches were skilled runners; most of them have completed marathons before. They helped me, encouraged me and kept me company when I really thought I needed to stop and take a breath. It has been a great experience and I would not trade it for anything. I cannot wait until spring time when they start up again! Maybe one day I will be one of the volunteer coaches cheering a new runner on and encouraging them but until then I’ll be at Memorial Park upping my miles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment