Monday, May 4, 2009

This and that

This one will be all over, lots to say I suppose!

I love Fridays, it means the start of the weekend and who doesn’t love the weekend, rest, relax, sleep, and watch a little TV…not so much for us though! I swear the weekends have been full lately. I love when we have NO plans but that definitely was not the case for us this weekend or next for that matter. Friday though we didn’t have plans. I got home and did my workout. Carlos got home and we went to dinner, we had a good dinner, lots of laughs and conversation. It’s nice to sit at a table and listen to how your kid’s week went and to listen to their stories. They have such great minds and Carlos and I just soaked it all in along with eating WAY too much!

There was no sleeping in Saturday morning; my alarm went off at 6am, ugg! Jonathan had a very early morning baseball game. It was the last regular game of the season. Jonathan had an EXCELLENT game, made every play and only missed 1 ball. See he plays short stop, it’s one of the most important positions, other than 1st base in little league and I tell you what, he did such a great job on Saturday, we were very proud and he earned a DS game for his work! His team is now going to the playoffs, don’t let that fool you though, we only won 1 game this season but EVERYONE makes the playoffs! We can’t wait! As soon as the game ended Jonathan and I jumped into the car, I speed while he changed; we were off to a birthday party that we were running late too. He got to play and eat cake so he was happy yet exhausted, his day was already long it was only 11am. The kid knew our pool opened this weekend so after we all ate lunch they were dying to go so we obliged and went. We love the pool, I love taking the kids, its what.we.do. in the summer and summer is practically here, my frizzy hair says so! We were there for about an hour and a half and then we had to go home and get dress for our next birthday party. My niece turns 1 on Cinco de Mayo so they had a pre-party for her on Saturday, pork tacos, guacamole, queso, bean and rice and family, YUMMY! We walked in the door and my sweet little neice had a tutu on…oh my let me eat her now, is she not the cutest:




She got a kitchen from her mommy and daddy


Checking out her gifts


She wasnt sure what to do with the cake


She even had a mini pinata, too cute!

We left around 8ish and headed home, my kids were exhausted from the day and so was I!

Sunday we got to sleep in for a bit but Carlos had softball games at 10 so we were back up eating donuts and getting ready for his games. Lots of wives and kids were there and it was fun, good convo and the kids yet again got to run and get sweaty all over! After Chinese buffet we went back to the pool! It rained a little but it didn’t stop them at all!

It was a good weekend; I can’t wait until the next one!

This is week 11 for me on my workout. I never had a goal weight set; I am just going with the flow really, 30 pounds would be great but I am not holding my breath. Ideally I would love to be in a size 8 comfortably, I think that was probably my high school size and I would be extremely happy with that. Before we left for my sister’s house on Saturday I pulled out a pair of jeans I bought last year that were size 10, figuring let me just try it. I held them up and eyed it to see if my rear was gonna fit and I was pretty skeptical about it but tried anyway…they fit and I didn’t even have to suck in! It was a great feeling SO with that being said I have dropped 1 pant size, I was in a 12 but the 12 was fitting very tight! Now let me set the record straight, these size 10’s were not baggy but they weren’t extremely tight either but at least I know something is shrinking! This is my last week for the Biggest Loser Cardio Max work out, Friday I will measure and weigh and then begin the Biggest Loser Boot Camp – I am excited! Hopefully in another 10 weeks I can be in a different size?!

No comments:

Post a Comment