Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday Boy


This picture was taken a few years back when we went to Vegas and saw the Blue Man Group live.

Today is my best friend’s birthday but not only is he my best friend; he is the love of my life! We have spent many birthdays together, probably almost 15 so this one is no different. He claims it’s just another day but it’s his day and I have been calling him the “birthday boy” since he got home from work at 1am this morning. Last year on his 32nd birthday I made him a list of 32 things I loved about him so this year I am adding one more:

1. The way you play word searches with the kids every time we go out to eat
2. The way you smell when you put on Victoria Secrets for men aftershave and/or cologne
3. The way you look whether you have a fresh haircut or haven’t had one in months
4. The way you get joy out of picking the kids up from school
5. The way you grill food especially your steaks!
6. The way you make me laugh all the time
7. The way you make the bed when I am not around to do it
8. The way the kids get excited to see you when you get home
9. How your phone still says "Sexy Wife" after 15 years of being together
10. When you get up on random weekends and get us breakfast tacos without asking
11. The way that you always want your children to have the best even if we can’t afford it
12. When you buy me the things I ask for without me knowing and try to keep it a surprise but give it to me early anyway
13. The way your son wants to be just like you
14. When you sing and dance along to any music while we are in the car
15. The way you look in your 4X4
16. When you send me flowers every so often, but often enough to put a smile on my face
17. The way you look when you come home dirty from work
18. When you are willing to take me all the places I need to go even if they are all over town
19. When I plan a trip you get annoyed but come and enjoy yourself anyway
20. The way you find money if we need it, whatever the circumstance is
21. The way you fix things around the house without asking
22. The way you do yard work and include the kids
23. The way you take pride in the tree you planted
24. How sensitive you are when it comes to your grandparents
25. The way you want other kids that aren’t ours to be happy too
26. How you look when you are winning your softball games
27. How you light up when Jonathan hits a far ball or catches a pop fly
28. The way you have your own hobbies
29. How excited you get when you buy a new "toy" for yourself
30. The way you sometimes just want to cuddle in bed
31. When you call me first when you have really good news
32. The way you squeeze my hand so tight that it hurts
33. How much pride and joy you have had head coaching Jonathans team this year

Happy Birthday Babe – I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment