Tuesday night Kaela had her first band concert at school. She was grumpy and didn’t even want to go, so typical of a pre-teen. It turned out so much better than I had anticipated and she and ALL of her 6th grade class did so well. Actually they were better than the 7th grade class. They played 3 Christmas songs and it was really fun to watch them play. Feet tapping, instruments singing and the audience loving it. I think it made Jonathan want to be in a band already. Kaela even thinks she would like to continue it in 7th grade which I am proud of her for. She really has improved so much and it isn’t even terrible to hear!
Wednesday I took the day off to join Jonathan and his class on a field trip to the Children’s Museum. It went well. The kids love that place and I remember as I child I did too. It was cut short because of the weather, cold and rainy – they had to skip lunch on the hill. So we ended up back at the school and eating in their class rooms, I stuck around for that and Jonathan really enjoyed me sitting at his little desk eating with me.
After school the kids got a special treat from Mother Nature…snow! YES we actually got snow in Houston. The kids thought it was amazing and had to go out and play in it. It actually continued for a long time. We decided there was no better time than cold, snowy weather to go get our Christmas tree. We all bundled up and set out to find the perfect Christmas tree on the perfect night. The kids had fun trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues while running through rows and rows of trees. After the kids went to bed we realized the snow had gotten thicker and was actually sticking to the ground, I snapped a few shots so the kids would believe me, Kaela was the only one still up.
Jonathan woke up hoping to see more snow but no luck, just some frosty cars.
I was trying to capture the snow falling...you cant see it.
Picking out our Christmas tree
Kaela made a snowball but was bummed she didnt have anyone to chunk it at!
Snow on the lawn
Snow on Grandpa's car
No comments:
Post a Comment