Friday, September 5, 2008

We are tired!

It’s been a long week, very long week and we only had 4 days, its funny how that happens. We have all been exhausted, like 8:00pm bedtime exhausted. I get home and can’t wait until 8 so I can go upstairs and just lay in my bed!

Kaela loves school – amazing what middle school does to kids. Last year she struggled with homework, hated it, and hated working on it. It would literally take her hours to finish very simple tasks. This year is a complete change. She gets home and gets right to work; she ever redoes some of it just so it looks nice. I really hope the trend sticks all year long! We have open house next Thursday so I am interested to see what her teachers have to say about her. She seems to love most of her teachers; she has lots of friends on her bus, not much complaining on her end.

Bryanna has more homework then last year and she has defiantly noticed. She gets it done right after school because if she waits it all goes downhill, attitude and tiredness does not equal homework getting finished. She seems to like her class and her teacher. I did however overhear that she and another boy were calling each other names. They are fairly good friends so I am sure they were just playing but we did have a talk about it, it’s never nice to call people names.

Jonathan = school…not so much! He has had the hardest week. Many excuses: doesn’t feel good, can’t find socks, don’t like this, plain I just don’t want to go, crying in the mornings. Poor thing, he went through the same issue last year for the first 2 weeks, the difference this year is that Jagi isn’t at the school and isn’t in the same hall as him now! Hopefully he snaps out of his funk. I emailed his teacher when I got to work today and she said he was fine after I left but leaving a crying child is hard.

Anyhoo that has been our week. We have ZERO plans this weekend and I am so glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment