Well it looks like Ike is a comin’ although I think I am still the only one holding out hope that the orange line that takes it straight to Louisiana will actually happen on the hurricane tracker! Mom did her normal hurricane shopping this morning. I think we are prepared; I don’t know if you ever have enough but you plan for the worst and hope for the best. Lots of people are evacuating, jobs and schools are closing down, freeways are getting packed, store shelves are becoming bare. We are staying home. The last major storm where people were told to evacuate was back in September 2005, good ol’ Rita. We actually did evacuate but our plans had been set for quite awhile. It was the weekend my brother was getting married. We got lucky that we were leaving town although the airports were ridiculous and we were literally running for the gates – we made it though!
Hopefully we have electricity so I can post next week. Keep your fingers crossed that Ike doesn’t turn out as bad as everyone is expecting!
No comments:
Post a Comment