Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekly Update...

I forgot to send out our weekly update over the weekend from last week but I can sum it up in one word - uneventful! It was busy for me at work and busy at home, Bry and Jonathan had projects due for school but I was sure glad when Friday rolled around. Jonathan had his 3rd game on Saturday and they won again 32 to 12, 3-0! His Uncle Jeremy and Aleigha came out to cheer him on so he was pretty excited about that. The rest of the weekend was just normal family stuff! As far as Super Bowl went, Jonathan spent some of that time putting with Grandpa, Bry was hanging with Jagi and Kaela and I were are a crummy washateria washing our comforters. Carlos was the only one that actually watched the game but I am sure that had to do with him having money on it!

I have a quick story about the washateria. So everyone knows there is no such thing as a "nice" washateria off of Longpoint, actually nothing off of Longpoint is nice, it's basically mini Mexico City! Well Kaela and I had just put in our comforters and we were sitting there minding our own business and some lady comes up to me and says, "I am going to assume you speak english?" At that point I should have said "No Comprende" but I didnt, I just laughed and said yes. She then begins her sad story of needing to ride the metro bus and not having $2 to do so. SO I am thinking, a) honey you left the house knowing your a*& was going to ride metro why were you not prepared and b) why are you asking the only white person in the washateria for money! So anyway I figured ok let me do my good deed for the day and give her $1. YES I said only $1, so I dig for the quarters I had to do MY laundry and gave her only $1. She then says, "Well can you give me another $1?" Umm hello...I turn to that lady and pointed to my WET clothes and told her I still had to dry them! UGG people these days. I may sound VERY rude and cheap but seriously we all work very hard for our money and I only had $1 left to dry my clothes and I was there for that very reason since our washer and dryer just arent big enough for king size comforters. Anyhow Kaela and I got a kick out of it and of course Kaela watched that lady to see if she was really going to get on Metro or not, we lost track of her when we were moving from the washer area to the dryer area...with the $1 I had left!

No comments:

Post a Comment