So a couple weekends ago the kids had a birthday party at pump it up, next door was LA Fitness so I immediately think what a great idea for me to go in and JUST look around. So I drop the kids off, tell the birthday parents I will be about 15 minutes and I will return, I am going to be right next door.
I walk in there, ask the receptionist if I can go walk around and look. She asks me to wait, calls someone and of course a salesman arrives very soon after. He guides me to his lovely cubical where everyone can hear and see you (no walls). Of course the questions begin, name, age, weight (I actually told the truth), why I am there?…duh I want to loose weight, why else would I really be here! Then he asks why I want to loose weight,umm hello isn’t it obvious?! I am a total fat ass! He asks what part of my body I hate the most and I tell him my belly – that nice little baby bump I got from my baby who is now 6 years old which really it shouldn’t be there any longer. So he says stand up and show it to me…um excuse me but I will pass, they guy in the cubical behind us laughs! Thanks for the privacy LA Fitness! So of course he has a bunch of lies he has to tell me in order to get me to sign TODAY! I listen and tell him that I am honestly looking around. LA Fitness isn’t the only place I am going to look and I really just want to see the facility itself. He then takes me on a lovely guided tour, asks over and over if I like it. Yeah of course it’s nice, its brand spanking new. He takes me back to his OH SO private cubical again to get my body fat number. This is what I learn: if your body fat is over 30% you’re considered obese…well guess what mine was 33%! I walked out of there 45 minutes later feeling wonderful about myself BUT I didn’t give into his wonderful lies – I am still not a client of LA Fitness!
Yes I have like 40 pounds I need to loose but I suppose if I have done it once I can do it again. I would rather keep the $30 a month and just give up cokes, chocolate and the kids leftovers. Jonathan starts baseball practice this week and the fields actually have a really good track SO I suppose while he is practicing I could exercise!
Good for you! Why do exercise places have to operate that way?!?! I would love to go into one to check it out, but it's almost like walking onto a car lot. For christ sakes...get off of me!! I'm saving my money too. I don't know if I'll ever get rid of this extra fun I'm toting around, but I definetly don't need to be shelling out $500 yr to find out...oh hell no.
ReplyDeleteYou go girl, Someone told me a long time ago, wear a white band ( one of those rubber ones everyones wearing) Just give up the whites, sugar,flour and youu'll be surprised on how fast it comes off. The biggest thing is the coke. I'm at that age where I just look at food and gain the weight. It's hard to do, but you can. Love Cal
ReplyDelete