Friday, February 12, 2010

Moving along

I was told today by a friend who reads this blog that I haven’t updated lately. I haven’t, I haven’t had too much to say I guess. Our year started out crazy. The first month Carlos lost two grandparents, 29 days apart. But his grandparents have been reunited once again and that it is pretty amazing.

I have been “training” for my half marathon. Basically training consists of short runs during the week and a long run on the weekend. Last weekend I did 10 miles. It was hard, I will not lie but I think I can do it. I am supposed to do 12 this weekend but I have been trying to get over a cold so I am not 100% sure it will happen. I am ready mentally though for the 13 miles. I do have to go get some energy snacks to carry along with me during my journey to 13.1 miles. I am excited and ready, ready to mark it off my list of “to do’s”.

My little boy turned 8 in January. We had a small celebration at home. He got a cool bike and a sharp knife. The knife is for the country, when he goes hunting with daddy. He was very excited to get both. Baseball season is right around the corner. Carlos is going to be the assistant coach this year and is pretty revved up for it. He has been at the park on most pretty days with the kids practicing.

Kaela starts softball in the next couple of weeks. I think she is nervous. She has never played before but is a great catcher and she can hit the ball as well. I know she will do great and I cannot wait to watch her play! My favorite sports are always the ones my kids play.

Spring break is coming up and the kids are ready for a break. We have no plans of going out of town. Kaela and I are going to see the Black Eyed Peas in concert so I am pretty excited about that. I LOVE concerts and her and I have been going to them since she was about 2. I also have my first photo shoot at a wedding. I am SO nervous but really exciting for the experience. I have been on a million wedding websites getting ideas and I just hope everything turns out well.

Miss T this update was for you! I have lots of pictures to share and belated birthdays to post so that will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment