Monday, December 14, 2009

Working out update

I know you all care but I haven’t had a work out update in a while. I am STILL at it, can you believe it…I sometimes can’t! 42 weeks later and I am still motivated to get up and do something about my weight! I don’t weigh often. I am not the kind of person who needs to step on the scale daily, I like to see results. The last time I weighed in I was at 28 pounds down with only 5 more to go to get to my goal weight of 140. I am thinking I will go for another 5 pounds after that and then hopefully in the future stay between 135 and 140. My other goal was to be in a size 8 comfortably. I can get into the 8 but it definitely isn’t comfortable yet so this journey is not over!

I have only been running. I stopped doing exercise tapes about 2 months ago or so. I did however recently purchase a new tape, the Biggest Loser: Last chance work out and when that comes in I am very eager to do it the days I don’t run. My running has improved greatly and I am still really enjoying it. I am up to 7 miles, hopefully going for 8 this weekend. My goal was to be at 9 by Christmas so I am pretty close but that last mile will be tough. I eventually hope to get to ½ marathon status but for now I am concentrating on 9 miles. I did start to lift arm weights at home. I look in the mirror and see a difference everywhere else but my arms; they haven’t moved an inch so I figured at least they can look somewhat toned!

This has by far been the longest I have ever committed to working out and it feels so good and rewarding. The end of February will mark 1 year total and I am excited to see where I will be. I will not lie, staying motivated has been difficult. There have been weeks that I just feel drained and done but then I look at how far I have come and how close I am that it would be a total lose for me to go back to my old ways. It’s been a long 42 weeks but definitely a rewarding one for me!

I have 2 really motivating pictures of myself that I look at quit often. I look at them and can’t believe that it was just a mere year ago that I looked so awful, unhealthy and unhappy! I will try to scan them and post them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment