Our weekend was good and HOT! I mean seriously I have lived in Houston all of my life but for some reason the hot summer weather always comes as a surprise to me or maybe it’s just too early for 100 degree weather.
Friday evening Bryanna went with her good pal Cassie to a Cheer Clinic. She loved it of course and loved her time with Cassie, they have become great buddies. Jonathan had his first golf lesson with his Grandpa and an instructor. He was so excited. He came home and showed me what he learned. He then started to putt in the house, using a cup as the hole. It was pretty cute and he was so serious.
Saturday we were up pretty early. The company that Carlos works for turned 30 this year so they had a company picnic. It was about 40 minutes away but the kids were excited because it was on a ranch. It was a neat place, hay rides, pool, train ride, paddle boats, snow cones, hot dogs and some more hot weather! We decided to leave a little early and head to our own pool for a refresher. Sunday Carlos decided to skip his softball games and we went out to a friend’s pool. It’s called the beach club. It had sand and it really did look like a mini beach. It was neat and the kids enjoyed it. A different pool is a nice change.
The kids have one last swim meet, on Thursday. The invitational is for invited swimmers only. We find out Friday if the kids are invited. I am thinking that Jonathan may be invited, he has had some pretty fast times although I would not be sad at all if none of them were not invited. Although it’s been a short season, it seems long. Two meets a week is a lot for everyone involved.
Work out update: The past 2 weeks have been really hard for me. I have not had the time to work out in the evenings. Last week I did however walk with my mom 5 days so at least I got something in but walking just doesn’t feel like enough exercise for me. I am going to try really hard to get back on schedule. I am going to do the last 2 weeks of the BL Boot camp starting today. I don’t think I am going to weigh and measure this Friday like I am supposed to. I am not feeling like I should get on a scale, I don’t think the results are what I want them to be so I am going to wait another 2 weeks so I can get back on track. I will definitely be weighing in before the 4th so I can eat like a pig that weekend! Carlos bought me an 8 lb exercise ball which they use in level 3 of the boot camp so I am excited to use that tonight.
I have pictures, I will post them this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment