I LOVE swim team for many reasons, here are my top 10 reasons:
10. It is great exercise for my kids
9. It makes them better swimmers
8. They learn new strokes
7. Kids need routines in the summer
6. It teaches them discipline
5. They get to be around their friends for the first part of the summer
4. They get to make new friends
3. Being outside on nice days
2. They get ribbons after each heat whether they did great or need work
And the number 1 reason:
They are exhausted by the end!
Last night was their first practice, just an hour long but from what I heard the new coach worked them out. Kaela seems to think she did 75 laps; I was not there to confirm that though! They got home at 6pm, Bryanna knocked out by 6:15 and Jonathan was out by 6:45. Kaela was not so lucky she had lots of homework to finish. I, on the other hand got to watch 3 hours of TV tucked in my bed undisturbed…heaven! It’s one of the best $130 I spend yearly!
Workout update: Tomorrow marks the first week of me doing BL Boot Camp. The first 2 weeks is a 20 minute workout so it has been pretty easy. Definitely not as hard as I thought it would be. Since I am use to doing 40 minutes from the Cardio Max I felt like I was cheating myself only doing 20 minutes. I have been going to the park and walking/jogging for a mile. It takes about 20 minutes so at least I am still doing 40minutes a day, I have worked up endurance for that and don’t want to lose it.
No comments:
Post a Comment