Thursday, December 4, 2008

You'll shoot your eye out...

Growing up I distinctly remember watching A Christmas Story every time it came on tv. I loved it, it was definitely my favorite. Now a day my favorite Christmas movies are more like The Holiday or The Family Stone, I could watch those over and over and I have been, sad to say! As I lay in bed last night trying to find something to watch I came upon the beginning of A Christmas Story. I got excited just like when I was a child. I immediately called the kids in to watch with me, I thought they would enjoy it as well. The girls lasted about 10 minutes but Jonathan cuddled up with me and laughed his rear off practically the entire time. He too thought it was a great movie, maybe because Ralphy wanted a BB gun and Jonathan can totally relate. Jonathan didn’t understand why his parents wouldn’t buy him one, he kept saying, Ralphy is old enough Mom, he needs one. It was pretty cute and I was glad to share that movie with Jonathan. Hopefully he remembers it like I do although he will probably have to watch it a few 100 times.

I am proud to say that I did go out on Black Friday to shop. Not at 4am or some crazy time and I just went to Wal-Mart. It was a MESS. Seriously I don’t understand how people just pick stuff up and throw it in some random stop. If you don’t like it don’t touch OR put it right back. I was successful in my journey and got so much complete. I am completely done with my children’s Christmas shopping. Can I think of more to buy them YES but I am not going too. You have to draw a line somewhere and I am not one to go overboard, they will get so much stuff between us, grandparents, aunts and uncles. I have limits and I am sticking with them. I also have everything I bought wrapped and ready to go! I love being organized and I love wrapping so it’s hard to let everything just sit in bags. It is however killing the kids to not know whose present is whose because I don’t label them. Their inquiring minds want to know!

Hope your shopping is getting done too!

No comments:

Post a Comment